Monday, January 26, 2009

Heading to the Gothic Land...

So I'm heading to Iowa on Thursday, I had a dumb moment and bought a 76 Firebird and need to go pick it up so I won't be in class on Friday, possibly not Monday either depending on how the roads are and if I can get up after a 36 hour drive in three days.... *sigh* 

I feel sorry for the master note takers in the class :) especially after todays lecture.

I'm curious how we transitioned from the raunchy Greeks, to the pious Christians to the... whatever we might be now... Granted I know there were a few other transitions in there but still, it seems we as a race, when we want to change something, we CHANGE it... 

There was a sentence in the intro to Antigone that caught me that I want to ramble off on, it's the last sentence of the very first paragraph of the intro, "The kindness that does not listen can be lethal." 

I think that is an amazing quote because of how true it is. People don't think of kindness as a bad thing but I used to volunteer at the VOICE center on campus and kindness can be just as dangerous as just plain being openly mean, if not more so. 

I swear once I get back from Iowa my entries will improve, just trying to read, type, pack and do *shutter* math homework all at once and trying to get ahead in all my classes so I can fall behind in them in two days... 

Any there's my blurb...errr blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment